Monday, November 19, 2012

Residue

I am a result of every derisive compromise
Remainder in imperfect division by the unwise
I find my shelter in unbalanced equation
Unfortunate atrocities and oppression

I thrive on the indecision of a frail, greedy, selfish mind
On boundaries drawn by you, mankind
Residing in the ill-conceived decree
I ensure that ‘Thou shalt not be truly free’

I propagate through underground movements
And breed in disconsolate hearts of refugee tents
Skulking furtively behind the scene,
I take softness and youth out of kid and teen

On the sidelines in forced times of peace,
I am a hidden sign of a chronic disease.
Often stoked by corrupt souls,
I soar my head from the gallows’ poles.

I am a catalyst, a medium, a self-fulfilling prophecy
Masquerading as a maudlin mob, a misguided youth, or an unthinking army
You feed my core, and forge me more.

Till your soul is weak and mind not free
I will scourge you and create more debris.
Only to be harvested by a power-hungry few,
I am nothing but the unaccounted ‘residue’.

3 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Rajat said...

bhai, kya likhne lag gaya hai tu!! Sell this to Linkin Park..they'll make a song out of it and you will make a million :D

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger deepak said...

awesome...should make the first page of your resume...rather should be taught with nursery rhymes so that our coming generations should be prepared for this unsaid insidious rule of the few

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Guneet said...

The residue blocks your vision, your mind it fogs
But the 'wise' discover it, and put it in blogs :)

Awesome expressions..cracking rhymes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home