Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Oh, Tears!

Oh, Tears!
Next time you come knocking at my doors,
Would you first identify yourself please?
Are you here to settle,
Or will pass by like a breeze?

Will you thicken my skin like a scar,
Or will you bring tranquil and lighten my heart?
Will you give me wings and with it fire and armour,
To chase my dreams again, and this time even harder?

You sometimes soothe me,
And make me compassionate and humane;
And at other times expose the brittleness of a hardened core.
You sometimes bring the freshness of a morning dew,
Show the colours of the rainbow visible to a few.

But, each time you leave indelible lines of water,
Contours on cheeks where smiles, laughter and sorrow
Have, in different seasons, dug their burrow. 

What if the things I can see through you is not that clear?
Do I close my eyes and let you trickle down?
Do I fight it and try to make sense of the blur,
That lay in front of me,
Or just let it dry as the Time passes me by?

1 Comments:

At 4:13 AM, Blogger rich said...

There is always a thin line between the different emotions we have within us. In life, in order to be happy, we must first know how it feels to be sad because that is how we truly know how to experience any kind of happiness or self-fulfillment. A tear can lead to a smile because happiness and sorrow come hand in hand.

I see use of tears as an extended metaphor here, it has been used as an umbrella to connect with other emotions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home